Whether you are brand-new to machine knitting or are a bit rusty and want to refresh your skills this course is an ideal opportunity to learn the basics of how to use a knitting machine in a friendly and supportive environment and leave with a wearable scarf that you will be proud of.
You will learn all the essential skills needed to enable you to knit with confidence on your own machine at home. On the first day Sian will cover how to cast on and cast off, colour changing and knitting stripes, hems and pin tucks, and how to use transfer tools to create decorative effects such as eyelets. You will also explore the essential technique of creating tension swatches to enable you to calculate the measurements of the scarf that you will design and knit on the second day. Throughout the course Sian will help you to troubleshoot common mistakes that can occur whilst knitting and learn how to avoid them. In addition to these skills you be advised on purchasing and maintaining knitting machines.
The small class size means that each individual receives the tuition they need and your progression is paced appropriately.
You will leave with a range of samples documenting the skills covered as well as detailed printed notes that you can reference as you continue to knit in your own time. Printed notes are provided but you may want to bring a camera and notebook to write your own personal notes.
2 Day Workshop
10 am – 4:30 pm
No prior experience is needed for this workshop
Homemade lunch, detailed notes, all equipment and materials are provided.
COVID 19 UPDATE
To ensure the safety of all participants attending I will be taking the following measures.
1. You will all have your own machine which will be sterilised before use
2. You will all have your own personal equipment which will be cleaned before you arrive and these items will not be shared.
3. Hand sanitiser to use throughout by each machine.
4. The machines will be spaced accordingly following guidelines on social distancing.
5. A maximum of 4 participants on each workshop.
6. Face masks for you to use if you wish will be provided or if you would like to bring your own that’s no problem.
7. Unfortunately with the current guidelines I will not be providing the homemade lunches and you will need to bring your own.
Skill level: Beginners
Next Workshop dates:
- 5th-6th September 2020
Book your place
6 places available/ Minimum of 4 for workshop to proceed